Delicacy rolls with smoked eel, cream cheese and cucumber
- 1 full sheet of nori seaweed (cut into halves)
- 1 cup of prepared sushi rice
- 1/8th of the block of cream cheese (taken lengthwise in the block)
- 2 Cucumber slices (julienned; the length of nori piece)
- 110-150 g of smoked eel fillet, cut into strips the length of the nori seaweed
- sesame seeds
- unagi sauce
Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the sushi mat. Arrange the slices of smoked eel in an overlapping fashion to create a rectangle about 6 inches wide by 12 inches long, with the longest sides facing you. Wet your hands and spread a handful of sushi rice evenly over the eel. Press the rice gently but firmly until it is compacted with fish. Lay the nori seaweed onto the rice. Add a strip of cream cheese and couple of slices of cucumber.
Lift the part of the mat closest to you, roll it over the top from the sushi filling and compact it into one solid roll, press it down a bit. Roll the plastic wrap outrageous from the filling. Release the top of the mat, and use it to carry on the sushi roll until it reaches the proper roll form. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Put them on a plate, add unagi sauce, sesame seeds and enjoy the delicious smoked eel roll.
Cooking time – 30 min.